Samsung has added two new entrants in it’s DUOS lineup with the launch of Samsung Galaxy S DUOS and Samsung Galaxy Y DUOS Lite. The two handsets have been launched at the price tag of Rs.17,900 and Rs.6,900 respectively. India being a huge market for Dual-Sim phones, these new stars in the Samsung’s Galaxy add to it’s growth. Both the smartphones are Dual-SIM Active or ‘Dual SIM Always on’ as Samsung calls it.
Coming to the Smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy S DUOS is a mini version of the Samsung Galaxy SIII in design. The S DUOS runs on Android ICS topped with Samsung’s Nature UX. Under the hood lies a 1 GHz Cortex-A5 processor based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon Chipset.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S DUOS
- 4 inch WVGA Display giving a resolution of 480×800 pixels
- 5 MegaPixel rear camera with LED Flash and a VGA front facing camera
- 4GB Internal Memory (expandable up to 32GB)
- 1GHz Cortex-A5 Processor
- 768 MB RAM
- Android 4.0 Ice-Cream Sandwich
- Dual SIM
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Standard Li-Ion 1500 mAh Battery
The Samsung Galaxy S DUOS will compete with the likes of HTC ONE V, Sony Xperia U. It is seemingly a better option on paper but customers will decide the fate of this Smartphone.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Y DUOS Lite
- 2.8 inch Display giving out a resolution of 240 x 320 Pixels
- 2 MegaPixel rear camera
- 2 GB Internal Memory (expandable up to 32GB)
- 832 Mhz Processor
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Dual SIM
- 12,000 mAh Battery